In Europe, the predominant religion is Catholicism, although Christianity in general is present with several of its branches.
Here we leave you a list of the main religion of each country in Europe, sorted alphabetically:
- Albania: Islam (56.7%).
- Germany: Protestantism (34%) and Catholicism (34%).
- Andorra: Catholicism (≈ 100%).
- Armenia: Armenian Apostolic Church (92.6%).
- Austria: Catholicism (73.6%).
- Azerbaijan: Islam (93.4%).
- Belgium: Catholicism (75%).
- Belarus: Orthodox Catholic Apostolic Church (80%).
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Islam (40%).
- Bulgaria: Orthodox Catholic Apostolic Church (59.4%).
- Cyprus: Orthodox Church of Greece (78%).
- Vatican City: Catholicism (100%).
- Croatia: Catholicism (86.3%).
- Denmark: Lutheranism (80%).
- Slovakia: Catholicism (62%).
- Slovenia: Catholicism (57.8%).
- Spain: Catholicism (94%).
- Estonia: Orthodox Apostolic Catholic Church (16.2%).
- Finland: Lutheranism (78.4%).
- France: Catholicism (≈ 85%).
- Georgia: Orthodox Catholic Apostolic Church (83.9%).
- Greece: Orthodox Church of Greece (98%).
- Hungary: Catholicism (37.2%).
- Ireland: Catholicism (84.7%).
- Iceland: Icelandic Evangelical Lutheran Lutheranism (76.2%).
- Italy: Catholicism (≈ 80%).
- Kazakhstan: Islam (70.2%).
- Latvia: Lutheranism (19.6%).
- Liechtenstein: Catholicism (75.9%).
- Lithuania: Catholicism (77.2%).
- Luxembourg: Catholicism (87%).
- malt: Catholicism (98%).
- Moldova: Orthodox Catholic Apostolic Church (98%).
- Monaco: Catholicism (90%).
- Montenegro: Orthodox Catholic Apostolic Church (72.1%).
- Norway: Evangelical Lutheran Church of Norway (82.1%).
- Netherlands: Catholicism (30%).
- Poland: Catholicism (86.9%).
- Portugal: Catholicism (81%).
- United Kingdom: Christianity (59.5%).
- Czech Republic: Catholicism (10.4%).
- Republic of Macedonia: Macedonian Orthodox Church (64.7%).
- Romania: Orthodox Catholic Apostolic Church (81.9%).
- Russia: Russian Orthodox Church (approximately 17.5%).
- San Marino: Catholicism (% unknown).
- Serbia: Serbian Orthodox Church (84.6%).
- Sweden: Lutheranism (87%).
- Switzerland: Catholicism (38.2%).
- Turkey: Islam (99.8%). (The predominant is Sunnism).
- Ukraine: Orthodox Catholic Apostolic Church (% unknown).
Source: CIA Library
Image: Stock Photos - Peter Hermes Furian on Shutterstock
It may interest you:
Main religion of each country in America.
Main religion of each country in Asia.
Main religion of each country in Africa.
Main religion of each country in Oceania.
After studying History at the University and after many previous tests, Red Historia was born, a project that emerged as a means of dissemination where you can find the most important news of archeology, history and humanities, as well as articles of interest, curiosities and much more. In short, a meeting point for everyone where they can share information and continue learning.